Job Title: Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for sales prospecting, cold calling, lead generation, follow-up, opportunity qualification, and interest closing. The successful candidate will also engage with the Marketing and Sales Support departments on business development campaigns.
Required Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
· Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
· Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
· Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings, as required
· Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
· Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
· Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
· Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
· Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
· Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
Essential Functions – General
· Perform outbound cold calling each day - approximately 50-70 calls.
· Develop sales prospecting, cold calling, lead generation, follow-up, opportunity qualification, and closing abilities while learning the company’s sale process
· Engage with Marketing and Sales Support as needed on Business Development campaigns
· Gain a deep understanding of internal CRM software systems
· Utilize organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines and exceed sales quotas
· Achieve weekly and monthly milestones
· Continuously learn about the automotive finance and insurance industry and stay up-to-date with industry changes and trends
· Project a professional image in all settings
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned
The duties listed above are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing, they are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties, responsibilities and activities does not exclude them from the position; as they may change at any time with or without notice.
Have you checked our Frequently Asked Questions page? You may find your answer there.View FAQ's